Crowley Care’s unique and flexible approach, developed over 40 years of experience, allows our staff to provide residents and clients with the care they deserve.
Are you passionate about cooking and seeking to undertake an apprenticeship in a supportive and nurturing organisation that genuinely impacts people’s lives? Crowley Care in the beautiful Ballina offers an excellent opportunity to launch your hospitality career.
You will need to be passionate about food, career driven and a team player As an apprentice chef, your training will encompass fundamental culinary skills including functions, bulk cookery, fine dining and al la carte, knife techniques, ingredient knowledge, use of commercial kitchen equipment, and standard kitchen procedures.
The successful candidate will be tasked with preparing and serving food under the guidance of others and learning all facets of the hospitality industry, guided by the Hotel Service Manager/Catering coordinator.
This position provides the chance to acquire significant workplace skills, earning a nationally recognised Certificate III in Commercial Cookery through a structured training program.
Don’t worry about pre-existing qualifications; we will provide all the necessary training.
Please note: Sponsorships are not provided to overseas applicants at this time.
Successful applicants will:
- Have a passion for food and a strong desire to secure a long-term career as a chef.Be flexibile to work weekdays or weekend shifts this will include public holidays.
- Be proactive attitude and be well presented.
- Have the ability to work safely and effectively.
- Have good time management skills.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Be willing to be part of and contribute to the organisational culture.
- Be able to attend TAFE at Wollongbar.
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.
Crowley offers more than anyone else in aged care.
- Care more – We believe in a fun and supportive work environment which provides our staff the opportunity to make a difference and help older persons get the most out of life.
- Learn more – Onsite clinicians and management onsite offer support to everyone, on every shift. Also, your future will be clear with definitive career progression opportunities and on the job training.
- Be More – Live in the idyllic Northern Rivers region whilst earning industry leading contracts and pay rates. Love where you live, love your job, love life!
- Don’t Forget the Perks – We offer relocation support, discounted meals from our onsite café, interactive staff events, recognition of special occasions and discounted gym memberships.
The Crowley Way
At Crowley, we pride ourselves on being a vibrant and unique care community. We provide inspirational living experiences for our residents and clients, and our culture of care starts with a genuine interest in others. We’re dedicated to making everyone who comes through our doors feel welcome, loved, and cared for.
We love making life better for our residents and clients every day. As a leading aged care provider with over 40 years’ experience in Ballina, on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, we offer residential care, independent living accommodation, home care and a suite of complementary services.
Are you ready?
If you like the sound of Crowley and have the skills and experience, please click the button below and fill out the form, including your resume along with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience.
As part of this application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must have the right to work and live in Australia.
Please note: From 17 September 2021, COVID-19 vaccinations became mandatory for all residential aged care workers and evidence of your vaccinations will need to be provided.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Enter your details below